I would like to watch you leave for ever from my life, but I have to live with you fighting every day, every moment, as a prisoner in a jail. Yes, you’re my jail. A jail plenty of darkness and lies and chains and locks. A jail without windows, without light from the outside world.
You put chains in my wrists and my legs so it’s very difficult to get up in the morning and say hello to a new day.
You are telling lies to me about the life all the time . You say life is a complete disaster for me and I am a complete disaster for life. That I don’t deserve anything from anyone. That I’m a burden for my loved ones. You are telling me to avoid the company of other people, be alone. I know there are all lies but I can’t help myself. You make me sad, so sad I can’t move out of sadness.
I have to gather a lot of strength to face each moment, each day and win battles against you to keep living. And sometimes I can’t. You win. Sometimes I manage to sneak out and see if there is some light out of your jail. Sometimes I think I’m learning to live with you, my enemy, my depression. But I know, the fall will come again, you will open the jail’s door to push me inside and I will not have the strength to resist until the next time I put out a fight against you, my everyday enemy.
Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out.
Check this posts:
- Everyone Shape Up or Ship Out | Geek Ergo Sum
- Dear Insecurity | Taking time, making time
- To the Unknown Cheerleader | Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | likereadingontrains
- Daily Prompt: Ugly | Postcards from
- Everything is going to be okay… | Hope* the happy hugger
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out – show us UGLY. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Shape up or ship out sugar cravings | Now Have At It!
- Dear Mr. Fearful [Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out] | unknowinglee
- Who’s In Charge Here??? | Spirit Lights The Way
- A Letter To An Indecisive Employee | The Jittery Goat
- These Words for YOU | floatingsheep
- The Toothpaste Again | Lewis Cave
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up Or Ship Out, Mr. Anger | Creative Mysteries
- Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Daily Prompt; Shape Up or Ship Out | terry1954
- Daily Prompt: Ugly | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Shape Up or Ship Out | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: There’s the door, now leave! | Thriving Pessimist…
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Musings&Rants
- Daily Prompt: Just Ship Out! | Musings&Rants
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | writinglikeastoner
- Dear Depression | Random Obsession
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Exploring Utah with MS and Apples
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | The Educated Illiterates
- a letter to myself (in a way) | thematticuskingdom
- It’s better to feel pain. | BORNTOBEAFAN
- Catherine B.’s Blog | Dear Doubt | Daily Prompt | Shape up or Ship Out
- Daily Prompt: Dear John Letter | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Mugshots are ugly |
- An End to Needless Worry | Required Writing
- Anxiety… | Haiku By Ku
- Shape up or ship out | Nanuschka’s Blog
- A Letter To My Inner Critic | Self-Help for Creatively Deprived
- Dear Mr.Impulsive | Everyday Adventures
- “What??” | Relax…
- It’s time to say farewell my friend Intensity | tornin2’s Blog
- Who is that? | That Socially Anxious Atheist Paranoid Gay
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Me, Ugly | clarior e tenebris
- Dear Laziness | Random, Assorted and Miscellaneous Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Letter to CLIG (Can’t Let It Go) | Iam Who Iam
- When I freestyle, I lose … confidence (There’s a picture of New York) | Random Encounters of an Inquisitive Mind
- Internal memorandum to fear | A beetle with earrings
- Daily Prompt: Dear Impatience… | One Starving Activist
- Shape Up or Ship Out: Who Are We Today Then? | Khana’s Web
- Phonophobia, pick up all ready, will you?
- Letter to Stubborness (A Daily Post Response) | Maggie’s Writing
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | I Work for a Jerk
- Act 3, Scene 1: Scent | Romance Without Words
- A jail without windows | Vivir, que no es poco
- The DAILY POST daily prompt: Temper, temper | a seriously writing woman
- Devil | The Optimist
- The Summer Ninjas are Coming, Little Lupie! | It’s a wonderful F’N life
- Sorry, I couldn’t understand… | Seven Lines
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Lines by Linda
- Dear Anxiety | mobibrad
- Quiet Little Voices | a former clarity
- Dear Laziness. « kiyudesu
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship out | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | The corner of my imagination
- Dear Vain Pain | meanderedwanderings
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | Taking One Day At A Time
- Daily Prompt: Shape Up or Ship Out | New Lease–Same Hope
Shape up or ship out, Mr Anger
11 thoughts on “A jail without windows”
This is such an excellent (and VALUABLE) post. It expresses that which defies expression. I ask my friend, who I suspect lives in a jail like this, to describe it for me. I’m hoping that, through experiencing it myself (even if only through his description of it) I can somehow lessen its pain for him. But he can’t describe it. So I can’t experience it for or with him. But now, maybe I can at least catch enough of a glimpse to better understand what he’s going through. It won’t make the pain go away, but I doubt that it will make it any worse.
Thank you for your comment. I’m glad my post can help. Never thought about that. You made my day.
thank you, I’m trying
Reblogged this on Iam Who Iam and commented:
I chose this post for my “Weekly Reblog” because it offers readers something beyond my own capacity as a blogger. It expresses that which defies expression. While failing to set the prisoner free, it offers an alternative to solitary confinement through awareness that there ARE other similarly incarcerated individuals. It offers those like me, who love these individuals, a better understanding of why they reject our attempts to push and prod and pull them out of their despair. It allows us to recognize that there will be times when the best we can do is squeeze our hand between the cold steel bars. Maybe the prisoner will take it, maybe not. Either way, he or she will know it’s there.
I’m honored you nominated me for this award and you liked my post about A Jail Without Windows so much