I’m squeezing my mind trying to find something mysterious about me and can’t come up with anything. I’m a very common and boring person, I guess.
I would like to have more sense of humor and tell you a wonderful secret story about myself, but maybe because of my journalism background I have a tendency to stick to the facts, and the only fact I can think about me that nobody knows is that I’m afraid of bridges.
I don’t know why, but the truth is that every time I’m on a bridge I think it can collapse or I can fall or something bad will happen.
And then, after so many years with this silly fear something really happened.
I was driving coming back from the Court House where I was reporting about a very controversial trial. It was dark at night. No traffic. I entered the bridge and another car behind me. The other car passed me and suddenly the driver began to do strange things: going by my side, slowly if I was driving slow, fast if I was going faster, laughing looking at me with a very scaring expression in his face, then passing me, then letting me pass him, then passing me and finally blocking the bridge with his car and making me stop.
I locked my car and waited alarmed. (It was before the cell phone era). Because he wasn’t moving, only looking at me and laughing, I tried – and succeeded – to pass him very slowly through the narrow space available between his car and the barrier. I stepped on the gas to fly from there but he came after me. And then he crashed his car against mine from my left side to throw me down from the bridge!
I managed to control my car and stop against the barrier shocked but safe. Thank God, at that moment another car arrived and my unknown enemy fled. The other car stopped to help me. I never knew why that man attacked me. I never knew if was a random attack or of it was something related to my work. It remains a mystery to me.
Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima.
- Waiting for the flight to Halifax | Musings from a practical mystic
- A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima – I’m a criminal | Geek Ergo Sum
- Daily Prompt: Mysterious | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- The Facade | The Magic Black Book
- I, the Replacement | Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | likereadingontrains
- What a Yank! | Becoming Aussie
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | ThisCornerOfTheWoods
- The Phone Call from Russia | The Happy Hermit
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in Engima | Faraziyya
- What To Do With My Free Time: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | To Pursue Happiness
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Girl | Mindful Splatter
- Mysterious | thoughtsofrkh
- Jacob’s Secret (short fiction) | The Jittery Goat
- Ode to the Fountain Pen… | The Rider
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped… | Under the Monkey Tree
- My Little Secret | Tony’s Texts
- Crunch, Slap, Sploosh | downtownnokomis
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | hometogo232
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped In An Enigma | suzie81’s Blog
- Wild thang | Relax…
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | George and Nigel
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | Postcards from
- The insolvent graduate | A couple of dollars
- A Regular Michaelangelo [Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima] | unknowinglee
- Apparently, I should not admit this in public . . . | burnedbutternut
- Catherine B.’s Blog | I’m A Mystery | Daily Prompt | A Mystery Wraped in an Enigma
- The Enigmatic Mystery of the Real Cie | The Cheese Whines
- Shhh!: Daily Prompt | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Pay Me No Mind . . . | meanderedwanderings
- The Key to My Secret | Iam Who Iam
- Big bad George | Thin spiral notebook
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Is There Something in Those Layers? | floatingsheep
- A Secret… | Haiku By Ku
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | unknowinglee
- The creature of mystery, fantasy and ultimate beauty! | My Tiny Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: A Purple Haze of Mystery | Slam on the Brakes, Pull Over, Take the Picture
- Daily Prompt: Full-blooded American Dane | cinnwriterblog
- Chef Mental Rollercoaster | mentalrollercoaster
- A Mystery Wrapped In An Enigma | bheehappy
- No More Mysteries | clarior e tenebris
- Nobody is Perfect | Lewis Cave
- Ведем ежедневник: Тайна, окутанная мраком. | Впечатанные Мысли
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery To Solve? | My Daily Prompt Blog
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima « Mama Bear Musings
- The Daily Prompt: Criminal Psychology and Me | theconsciouswriter
- Daily Prompt: I’m Really an Introvert | Cytherean Dreams
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | Let There be Peace on Earth
- A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima: The Early Days | Khana’s Web
- Jeckyll and Hyde | I really just pretend to know stuff
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma – Who is she? | SERENDIPITY
- One thing you might not know about me? I’m filled with ‘rage’ | Curious Jac
- A WAR NEVER WON | hastywords
- Mysterious me | Spunky Wayfarer
- The Thin Line Seperating Madness and Creativity | Spontaneous Ditties
- What You Don’t Know About Me | Pieces of the Puzzle
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | Quirky Brunette
- Why Would I? | ayimas
- Writing Fiction: Mystery and Enigma | Dog Leader Mysteries
- Limerick for Denise | clarior e tenebris
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | Script Under Construction
- the UNCATEGORISED … | the TRASH BASH
- No Mystery – I am a Fan of the Twilight Zone | No Facilities
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Engima | mommy&everything
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | The corner of my imagination
- I Was At Disney Senior Night (or Not) | Sam’s Online Journal
- Daily Prompt: Mysterious | Hamburg und Mee(h)r
- The Healing Place « Overcoming to Becoming
- Summer! | Journey Called Life …
- My dog is a mystic “pack leader” |
- Daily Prompt: A Mystery Wrapped in an Enigma | prettywitgla33es
- Who Knew? | A Day in the Life
- Mysterious Friendships | Vampire Maman
15 thoughts on “Fear on the bridge”
That is scary! I can tell you in a country where I live there is this called road bullies while for motor riders we called them “Mat Rempit”. By the way we must be thankful to the inventors of mobile phone, we now have companion in time of need (as for me it my best companion)
You’re right. I would like to have a cell phone that night to call for help.
A woman did that to me on a tiny bridge in Miami. She ran a stop sign that I stopped at and then tried to run we off the canal bridge. I had to slam on my brakes and restrain my dog. Then she slowed down. I took pictures of her tags and she was outraged. I chased her down the street and she eventually got away though I was taking a video of her. The cops told me there was nothing they could do. I haven’t seen her car since. but I hope to find her one day.
Thank God you’re OK. There are crazy people everywhere it seems. Thank you for reading.
I can see why the fear of a bridge…would make me shake in my shoes..thank you for sharing with your readers. 🙂 So glad you made it out safe.
Oh my goodness. Great story but scary. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you for reading
Yes, it was