If the world worked on a barter system, how would you fare? Would you have services to barter? Would you be successful, or would you struggle?
I would die in a month or so. Who would give me some food in exchange for news about the world, being most of them not so good? Above all in these days of news for free in the Internet!
– Would you give me a new auto for a world-wide exclusive?
– Would you give me groceries for an update of the Snowden asylum situation?
– A chocolate tablet if I give you the top news headlines by memory?
I could offer some memories for food but I don’t think I would succeed.
– Would you give me that dress for a story about my life as a foreign correspondent?
– Pay my monthly rent for the story “the terrorist and me”?
– Pay my phone bill for the “stories about the running of the bulls”?
I could try to exchange some of my bad paintings, another looser idea.
– Would you give me a book for a bad amateur watercolor?
I don’t thing so.
– Maybe I would try bartering with one embroidery. I said one because I only have one finished. It takes a lot of work during many days to finish another one. And by the moment I had another ready for bartering I would be starving.
So, no. As much as I hate money, I don’t think I would survive in a barter system with my limited and useless skills.
- Daily Prompt: Skill | Postcards from
- Barter System | Geek Ergo Sum
- 8 july Daily Prompt: Barter System | family photos food & craft
- Daily Prompt: Skill | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Daily Post – Barter System | Kate Murray
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | Under the Monkey Tree
- Daily Prompt: Barter System « Mama Bear Musings
- Daily Prompt: Barter System – show us SKILL. | masadiso79’s Blog
- Daily Prompt: Jack Of All Trades | Mindful Splatter
- Give and Let Give. | ayimas
- Could I Pay My Electric Bill With A Short Story? | The Jittery Goat
- I will trade | Pink Woods
- Bartering to live | Nanuschka’s Blog
- If You ‘Like’ This Post, I’ll Check Out Your Blog | downtownnokomis
- Daily Prompt: What Will You Gimme? | One Starving Activist
- Drafting… | Haiku By Ku
- Even Trades [Daily Prompt: Barter System] | unknowinglee
- Runs good– or can be planted | Relax…
- skills for trade | thematticuskingdom
- Peter the Sailmaker | The Life NomadikThe Life Nomadik
- Barter System: Or Feudal System? | Khana’s Web
- Barter Systems: Will Write for Hypnosis | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- Living by a barter system… the dream of | I Didn’t Just Wake Up This Morning with a Craving
- Barter System | bheehappy
- Daily Prompt: Barter System – Chicomallorca’s Blog
- Seriously? | A Day in the Life
- What Can I Offer You? | The Cutter Rambles
- Barter « Getting Rid Of Boredom
- Health, Wealth and Wisdom | windandlaughter
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | reyoflight
- We are an interdependent world | Notes from a gay mentalist
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | Prateek Bhatia
- Trade for your life!!! | Rob’s Surf Report
- Daily Prompt : Barter System | Pilgrim of Cognition
- My Default Barter System | Spiritual Lives Of Women
- Barting Time | The Nameless One
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | Vagabond
- Bartering Time | The Nameless One
- Will Barter for Food | mobibrad
- How the barter system would give me an early death | Ugly Nikki
- For What It’s Worth | clarior e tenebris
- Sure would be nice not having to worry about my 401k | djgarcia94
- I’ll Gladly Pay You Tuesday For A Hamburger Today | Backslash Awesome Writings & Pics
- Capitalism, bartering, and the status quo. | The Drowning Octopus
- Daily Prompt: Barter System | To Breathe is to Write
- What can I do for you? | Things I See and Know
9 thoughts on “I would die in a month”
Money is lovely indeed.
When you have it.
grrrrrrrrh, nothing is working! pls learn to make money
I’m open to suggestions
This daily post theme is so interesting…. from peoples traveling experience to yours…such fun
Money is a lot more straightforward, that’s for sure! 🙂