Walking down the street, you encounter a folded piece of paper on the sidewalk. You pick it up and read it and immediately, your life has changed. Describe this experience.
“You can find the job of your dreams. Come to see us at Slalom’s at 10:00 am. No references needed. We already know all about you”.
Strange. But what the… I need a job. And I have nothing to do this morning. I probably will end alone sipping a coffee, victim of a practical joke. I’ll take a chance. Slalom’s is around the corner and they have a good espresso.
I enter the place looking around and decide to ask for the owner. Maybe he is the one needing help. But why leaving such a strange message?
Suddenly somebody come from my back and says:
– Good morning Jane, Thanks for coming in such a short notice. We were waiting for you. We already ordered an espresso for you.
– How do you know my name? I ask turning to see who is talking to me. He is a tall dark-haired smiling middle-aged man. He is informally dressed and with him there is a younger man very serious observing us.
– We already know all about you, remember?
– Yeah, but how?
– You are a reporter, you tell us.
– CIA, NSA?
– Very funny.
– What do you want from me, to become a spy?.
– You are talking too loud and to plainly.
– I’m a reporter.
– We need good and loyal analysts.
– No wonder. As I said I’m not interested.
– Think about all the information you will be able to manage.
– Think about the normal life I’m enjoying and I’m about to lose.
– Without a job?
– Did you have something to do with me losing my job?
– Please, leave me alone.
– Only with one condition.
– You never found a note. We never met. Remember, we are watching you and we know everything about you.
– Done. CIA, NSA?
– Very funny.
Daily Prompt: Everything Changes.
9 thoughts on “No, thank you”
Genius idea. Thrilling and complete-
We ARE STILL WATCHING YOU….
Oh my God! What am I gonna do?