I studied music in my youth but I couldn’t finish because I had to stop and find a job to earn money to live and help at home. I was a fan of classic music and tried to practice with some classic pieces. Never satisfied. My performances were pretty bad. I thought musicals were too light and frivolous. But secretly I liked them a lot, above all the happy ones. When I went to the US I saw my opportunity to change my opinion openly. Best of all, I met a friend who used to sing musicals at college, and we had a lot of fun: She singing and I playing a simplified versions at the piano. I rediscovered the joy of playing music and learned a lot of happy tunes thanks to the musicals.
Other bloggers changing opinions:
- Interpreting dog body language |
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | flow of my soul
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop « Mama Bear Musings
- Flip Flop | Geek Ergo Sum
- Burn brightly | Musings from a practical mystic
- The Buses on EDSA | Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | likereadingontrains
- An open letter to Ina Bonette | Nanuschka’s Blog
- Yes, I Flipped The Flip Flop! | Black and White Heart
- Wrong-Then , Right-Now ( …as long as ) | Books, Music and Movies : my best friends
- Politics | Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Being a Huntress
- Daily Prompt: Portia’s Flip Flop | a Portia Adams adventure
- Transition This! [Daily Prompt: Flip Flop] | unknowinglee
- So What Has Been Going on the Last Three Months? Jeremiah 29:11 | The Photo Faith Challenge
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Retired2Travel
- Flip Flopper of Food | Defined Imperfection♡s
- Flip Flop|| Hidden Heroes | Mind My Mind But…
- Don’t Judge A Culture By What Is Canned | The Jittery Goat
- I don’t have to lie to myself anymore. « kiyudesu
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Under the Monkey Tree
- I Changed My Mind | Day of the Week Fat Pants
- Letter to India | A beetle with earrings
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss
- Am I indecisive? | Mario Types
- Flip Flop of my disillusioned appetite: Daily Prompt | Running with Reality
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Beats of Pieces
- My Transformation… | Haiku By Ku
- Switcheroo | Hope* the happy hugger
- Flip-Flopping on Flip-Flops | Sorta-Ginger
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop – Life is Fair? Not. | SERENDIPITY
- Redefining Gender Conformity | CombatBabe
- A Change of Heart | M’me Solitaire
- Pride, Peace, and People | kingjeremychronicles
- So called “underprivileged” | Chimerical Chicanery
- Flip Flop | The Nameless One
- Daily post: Transition from Something to Nothing | Slam on the Brakes, Pull Over, Take the Picture
- Daily Prompt: Make Up Your Mind | A Good One
- Being Indecisive « Getting Rid Of Boredom
- Flip Flop: I Love My Flip Flops | Khana’s Web
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | reyoflight
- Red or Blue? | BLUE BEAD PUBLICATIONS
- To Respond or Not (THAT is the question!) | Iam Who Iam
- Before You | Cytherean Dreams
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop, or Work To Live… | suzie81’s Blog
- Flip Flop: I Did Not Believe God Could Cause Everything to Work for Good (Romans 8:28) | The Abuse Expose’ with Secret Angel
- Love to Live (Not Live for Love) | Perry In A Box
- Red | Brush Strokes And Scribbled Thoughts
- Daily Prompt: Ch-ch-ch-changin’! | One Starving Activist
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop and The Ugly Duckling | Blogging Vogging…
- Daily Prompt: Transition | More than a Cat
- Why I once believed in Evolution. | luvsiesous
- And now, abortion … | The Flavored Word
- Don’t Tell Me Where to Flip… or to Flop! | So I Went Undercover
- Expectant | Dancing in the rain!
- Capri? shush! : Flip flop, the lighter side | pencil pilot
- Daily Prompt: Transition | From 141 to 618 Followers… | peeksi.com
- Palinode | clarior e tenebris
- In-between | A couple of dollars
- Two Doors | Words With Ryon
- How my view on Doctor Who’s Lazarus Experiment has changed |
- Daily Prompt: Flip Flop | Running After Ale
- Transitions | marsowords
- Flip Flop and marriage | Ald+R
- A nation’s flip flop | quirksmag
12 thoughts on “Musicals”
I’m CRAZY about musicals (happy, sad, whatever). Which one is your favorite?
I like les Miserables, of course, but you will call me a dinosaur: I love the songs by Rodgers and Hammerstein, among others from the same era. I Love “Singing in the rain” also. And because it’s impossible to find it here I miss a lot “The Music Man” that made me laugh a lot. I have a DVD copy I brought with me from the States, but I can’t watch it because it’s restricted to the American region and doesn’t work in our computers or DVD machines.
When I was a kid, we listened to “The Music Man” so much that my sister could sing every single word to “Ya Got Trouble, Right Here in River City.” Later, I grew to appreciate the harmonies of those 2 songs that are sung at the same time (“Pick-a-Little, Talk-a-Little” and something else).
Oh, I love it. Goodnight ladies, Goodnight ladies, Goodnight ladies, we’re going to leave you now!
Yes, I like violin and cello. I gave opportunity to my girl and my boy to pick any musical instrument. All took violin but only for a short while though, they dumped under their beds. The end of the story.
What a pity! it’s so nice to know how to play! I’m not playing too much these days, but I enjoyed a lot music during my life. I would like to be able to finish my music studies but I had no choice.
It’s awesome you found back what you gave up when you were younger 🙂
It is. Thank you.